Friday, November 15, 2019

Creativity [ˌkrēāˈtivədē] NOUN the use of the imagination or original ideas, especially in the production of an artistic work.

Those of you who have followed (or probably more likely; those who have occasionally dipped into) my original "Amydublinia" blog are probably wondering why in hell I have started a second blog, and what in hell am I going to write about.  Good questions my friends!  Good questions indeed.

Truth be told, at this point in time, I probably don't have the answer to those questions... I just know that for a while now I have been trying to think different/write more creatively/just BE more free in my expression [style and subject].

Some feedback (criticism??) I have received about my other blog is that I "write very factually". You know, while that is not a bad thing per say, after all I've always said that is what I do; "I chronicle, I document, I record", being completely honest with myself I guess there has always been a small part of me that aspires to do more.

What is that "more"??!! Again, at this point, I don't have that answer.  But I am interested and excited, to find out what will happen.  To give it a shot and see what I can do - if anything at all?

I think I will struggle. In fact, I know I will.  Being completely open and free is not something that comes natural to me.  Although I am from Ireland; the land of Saints and Scholars, an island with an incredible literary history, the producer of a mind boggling number of authors, playwrights, songwriters and poets; conversely we are a people who are afraid of failure, afraid of appearing too big for our boots (biggest crime ever in Ireland lol!), afraid of putting ourselves out there, afraid of what people will say.

Ah heck who cares?!  Maybe it will be shite. Maybe it will be pure shite. Maybe I won't even be able to produce anything at all.  Well so be it.

Let it stand as a record, I tried.

So, let's see what happens in this little space on the internets!  Want to come along for the ride?  Want to see what evolves from this little experiment?

Let the catharsis begin.

1 comment:

  1. Im claiming the honour of first comment on your new blog :) Go for it D.G!

    ReplyDelete